December 08, 2010

Self-Proclaimed Lost Girl?

Today I went on an interview for a documentary called, "Xmas Without China" which you should all check out at, http://xmaswithoutchina.com. I'll definitely post about the documentary later but for now I want to share with you what was waiting in my inbox when I got home.



A friend sent this to me. The only text that accompanied it was, "This is so you!" While I do LOVE this song and agree that it is fitting for this period of my life and certainly fitting for this blog, I can't help but wonder, have I dubbed myself the quintessential lost girl? I even brought up in my interview today that I'm not sure what exactly I want to do. I can't imagine this is a desired quality for an employer, but it begs the question....is it just me? Do you one day just wake up with a clear cut path or do you crawl around in the mud before you find your way?

In Hollywood you often hear the phrase, "fake it till you make it". What do you think? Should I be less open about the point at which my life is currently in? Looking forward to hearing from you! Seriously, guys I really do want input on this one ;)

3 comments:

  1. To be honest we all hit this rut at some point in our lives and I think you make a great point about being honest when you are in it. I've been on many job interviews over the past few years and while in them I constantly think about should I be completely honest about being uncertain in where Im headed or where I want to be in 5 years, its a tough call.

    I know you will figure it out and I have faith in you Jess. Just sometimes the questions we ask don't get answered right away, but I would definitely shy away from faking it too much no matter what Hollywood says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For most people there is a lot of mucking around in the mud but that is the way that it has always been. Unless you were born into your destiny, most people have to slog through the maze until an opportunity presents itself. Of course those people that are gifted, motivated or lucky will find their way out sooner but eventually most will make it out as well. The key is to keep moving forward while remembering where you have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you are not alone. I am twice your age and still mucking around lost most of the time. And other people who seem to have it all together?? Well, since they are either faking it or lying, don't even worry about them. Maybe 2% really have "made it" in their early twenties with the help of a hand trust fund of course. But they aren't the least bit interesting.
    Lost merely indicates that you are actively "seeking". Never give up.

    ReplyDelete